Gary L. Griner and Amy D. Griner are both former deputy prosecutors. Both have represented the State of Indiana in criminal cases of all kinds - everything from traffic infractions, to misdemeanors, to the most serious felony cases. Now we represent individuals who are accused of crimes. We understand how prosecutors think and how the court systems work.
In the best case scenario, we will convince the prosecutor to dismiss the charges or take your case to trial and win. In other cases, we will negotiate favorable plea bargains. At a minimum, we help to ensure that the system treats you fairly.
The constitutions of the United States and the State of Indiana guarantee you certain rights as a defendent in a criminal case. Some of these rights include:
1. The right to remain silent. You cannot be forced to plead guilty or to make
any self incriminating statements. This applies in court and when you are
questioned by police and investigators.
2. The right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures. Generally,
the authorities must have a search warrant to enter your home or other place
3. The right to an attorney. At all stages of your case you have the right to be represented by an attorney. If you are unable to afford counsel, the Court should appoint a public defender.
4. The right to trial by jury.
5. The right to a speedy, public trial.
6. The right to confront and cross-examine witnesses against you.
7. The right to compel witnesses to appear and testify on your behalf.
8. The right to reasonable bail.
9. The right to appeal a conviction.
Some of the charges that we can help with include:
* All Indiana traffic violations, misdemeanors, and felonies
* All federal crimes
* Operating while intoxicated (OWI)/driving under the influence (DUI)/driving while intoxicated (DWI)
* Drunk driving/drugged driving
* Driving while suspended (DWS)/habitual traffice violator (HTV)
* Reckless driving/speeding/unsafe start/disregarding traffic control device/traffic tickets
* Drug possession/pointing/recklessness
* Battery/domestic battery/aggravated battery
* Theft/forgery/fraud/conversion/check deception
* Robbery/burglary/armed robbery
* Resisting law enforcement
* Robbery/buglary/armed robbery
* Murder/attempted murder
* Investigations - Don’t talk to the police without a lawyer!
* Bond reduction
* Plea bargaining/negotiated dismissal
* Pre-trial diversion
* Suppression of evidence/invalid search warrants/involuntary confessions
* Motion to dismiss
* Jury trial
* Sentence modification
* Post-conviction relief
* Driver’s license suspensions/probationary licenses/license reinstatement
The information contained within this website is not legal advice. To obtain legal advice you must consult with an attorney at GRINER & COMPANY, ATTORNEYS AT LAW. The material in this website is only for information purposes and may not be up-to-date. Nothing in this website is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. GRINER & COMPANY, ATTORNEYS AT LAW are licensed to practice law only in the State of Indiana.
© 2011 Grinerlaw.com™. All rights reserved. Site by CW Productions™.